- Applications will be accepted May 01 – July 31. (Extended to Sep 30th for 2019)
- All spouses must be currently enrolled in community college, college, or a university course accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, or enrolled in a certificate, licensure, or technical program.
- Scholarship awardees must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 to remain eligible.
- Scholarship awards are up to $5,000 per academic year ($20,000 lifetime award per applicant). Funds are awarded per payment term (fall, spring, or summer), not to exceed half per term. If, after completing the check in for each payment term, it is determined that the awardee has an unmet need of less than half of the awarded scholarship, the Think GREAT Foundation will only disburse the actual unmet need as shown on the statement of account and will retain the remaining balance.
- Applicants must reapply each year if interested in receiving funds from the Think GREAT Foundation.
- Maximum awards = 4 academic years.
- All applicant information, including application, essays, and supporting documents must be submitted via the Think GREAT Foundation website: www.ThinkGreatFoundation.org/scholarships.
- Documentation is not accepted via USPS, fax, or over the phone.
- Offer or denial notifications will be sent on or before September 01.
- All funds are sent to the educational institution. No funds are sent or released to an individual.
- The applications will be reviewed, and recipients selected by the Think GREAT Foundation Board.
- A formal invitation will be sent to attend the Homefront Heroes Luncheon.
- Please submit any questions to: email@example.com
Steps to Apply for a Think GREAT Foundation Scholarship
- Review the Scholarship FAQ page.
- Review the Scholarship Program and Guidelines document.
- Review the Scholarship Checklist and obtain all the required documentation.
- Complete the Scholarship Application at www.ThinkGreatFoundation.org/scholarships.
- Submit completed application, including essays, and supporting documentation.
- Receive confirmation of completed application via e-mail.
- Receive status of application via e-mail – you will be notified of any additional information required.
- E-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful Scholarship Tip: Make sure you visit your school’s academic advisor or military liaison. There are many tuition assistance programs for military families.
Please email the following documentation to: email@example.com
- Proof of Service - DD214 (black out the SSN)
- Proof of Service (Deceased) - DD1300 (black out the SSN)
- Proof of Marriage - Marriage Certificate
If the military member is currently serving on active duty or in the National Guard/Reserves, provide the following additional information:
- Active Duty: Copy of Active Duty Orders to include unit of assignment and unit POC.
- National Guard/Reserves: Letter of membership signed by the commander/authorized unit representative stating the service member is in good standing. Be sure to include unit of assignment and a unit POC.
Reminder: Applications must be received no later than July 31.
Thank You: For all the sacrifices you have made. We appreciate you more than you will ever know and wish you all the best as you pursue your education goals.